| ||Protoport Personal Firewall|
Here you can see blocked local ports and remote IP addresses.
The columns in list are:
- Title - specifies whether item is remote IP address or local port number
- Item - specifies a remote IP address or local port number depending or title field.
- Expires - specified a date when item will be removed from black list automatically. The item will be removed from list in 5 days, if one wad added to list by program automatically. You can change this behaviour at any time.
- Comment - this contains any text that helps to identidy the reason why the item is black listed
In some time after installing Protoport Firewall, you will notice this list is not empty.
The program adds items to this list if they qualify the following criteria:
- Local Port - when there were more than 50 attempts to establish TCP connection or send UDP datagram to unused (or closed) local port, or port with denial rule action, (if specified in network settings).
- Remote IP address - when there where more than 10 attempts to establish TCP connection or send UDP datagram to unused (or closed) local port, or port with denial rule action, (if specified in network settings) from the same remote IP address.
Protoport Firewall can detect and block DoS (denial-of-service) attack as well.
Once detected, program will popup a warning window.
Copyright © SoftCab Inc, 1999-2017